Dubai Sports City, Dubai UAE, 2008
“Dubai Sports City is the vision of three leading entrepreneurs from the United Arab Emirates - Abdulrahim Al Zarooni, Abdulrahman Bukhatir and Abdulrahman Falaknaz to create one of the world's premier sporting destinations in line with the overall vision of HH Sheikh Mohammed to create world class sporting infrastructure in Dubai and making it a destination for the sporting world.
It's been conceptualized as a city within a city, where you can get everything that you dream of on your doorstep-from state-of-the-art sports venues and international sporting events, to top of the line sports academies, providing a platform for youth development, recreational sporting facilities, residential and commercial developments, together with all the related amenities expected in a purpose-built city, including international schools, medical facilities, hotels, community centres and entertainment venues.”
Gregori International was granted the contract in 2007 and completed the works for the following projects:
• DSC Academies facilities:
- 2 outdoor football fields (natural and artificial turf) for the Manchester United Soccer School facility
- 1 indoor football field (artificial turf)
- 2 cricket training fields (natural turf)
- 2 hockey fields (artificial turf)
• ICC Cricket Stadium with 25 000 seats capacity (natural turf)
• The complete landscaping of the Bradenton School
(20 ha) and Academies Area.
Scope of works:
Complete construction of the sports fields and landscaping areas including: leveling, installation of drainage and irrigation networks, installation of the different layers, grassing, planting, paving (50000m2)
and the creation of water features and urban furniture.