MARKOPOULO EQUESTRIAN COMPLEXE, Athens Olympics 2004
In 2002, Gregori international was selected from 5 competing teams to be the official designer & builder of all equestrian surfaces for the Athens 2004 Olympics.
18 months later, Gregori International delivered, before schedule, a total of more than 350 000m2 equestrian footings including croos-country, jumping and dressage mains arenas, warm-up and training arenas, and over 200 paddocks, each surface being tailor made to suit the expectations of Olympic Event.
Scope of Works :
- Non-Traditional Construction on Complex Surfaces
- Grassed soil : Main Jumping 11 000m2
- Special medium : Jumping Practise 9 000m2
- Special medium : Jumping Warm up 3 500m2
- Grassed soil : School Area 8 000m2
- Grassed soil : Ten minutes box 6 000m2
- Grassed soil : Track of the Cross Country 96 000m2
- Specialized mixes of reinforced fibersoil surfaces
- Fibered sandy soil : Jumping 8 100m2
- Fibered sandy soil : Dressage 8 100m2
- Fibered sandy soil : Galoping 3 200m2
- Fibered sandy sand : School area 8 000m2
- Fibered sandy soil : Obstacles Cross Country 38 000m2
Design and construction of more than 350,000m2 of specific equestrian and race tracks footing including FIBERsoil and American dirt.